- We offer a regular programme of events and seminars
- We run workshops to keep you up to date with the latest technology
- We post job vacancies and other opportunities of work for our members
- We are committed to raising the profile of health journalism – and of you, the health journalist
- We provide opportunities to network, both nationally and locally
- We’ll keep you updated of relevant issues, events and need-to-know industry information
….And we have great parties twice a year that no discerning journalist would want to miss!
There are four types of membership available:
Health journalists, health writers, and people who work mainly in health in broadcast media can all become full members of the Guild. They can be freelance or employed.
Full membership: 2020 GHW Membership Application Form
Full membership holds many benefits but it is also dependent on satisfying strict professional critieria. That is good news for you – Guild membership brings with it status. But it’s also good news for those who use the Guild to find writers with a guaranteed level of professionalism and expertise – they know we demand certain standards.
Benefits for full members include:
- Full access to the range of information, training and networking opportunities the Guild provides
- Access to other Guild members, through a free membership directory, and Guild events
- Access to specialists invited to Guild events
- A bi-monthly newsletter, filled with useful resources, topical debate and members’ news
- Free or discounted entry to Guild seminars and workshops
- Notices of job/work opportunities
- Voting rights
The Guild also has other types of membership for those with an interest in health journalism, or in supporting the Guild.
Associate membership: 2020 GHW Membership Application Form
Associate membership is open to people who are not professional writers and editors, but who work in fields such as medicine and are established health writers, authors or broadcast journalists.
Benefits for associate members include:
- Free listing in, and free hard copy of, the Guild Membership Directory
- Free or special low fee entry to Guild events
- Bi-monthly newsletters
Student membership: 2020 GHW Student Membership Form
Student membership is open to full-time students studying journalism or hoping to specialise in health.
Benefits for student members include:
- Entry to Guild events
- Bi-monthly newsletter
Friends subscription: 2020 GHW Friends Subscription Form
Friends membership is open to individuals and organisations who want to maintain close links with the Guild – for example, therapists, publishing houses, charities, PR companies and many more.